COURTLAND BROOKS - May 7 - Where's the next big Internet dating opportunity? In 20 years most of the worlds working population will live in Africa according to this new IMF report. Internet dating businesses do well in countries with sizable working populations. Africa is currently home to 7 of the worlds 10 fastest growing economies.
"By 2035 the number of Africans joining the working age population will exceed that from the rest of the world combined."
Top 10 working age (15-64) populations in Africa in 2035.
- Nigeria - 174.2 million
- Ethiopia - 95.8 million
- Egypt - 71.7 million
- Democratic Republic of Congo - 66.9 million
- Tanzania - 51.3 million (up 188% from 2015)
- Kenya - 44.8 million
- Uganda - 40.5 million (currently 70-80% work in agriculture)
- South Africa - 40.4 million
- Sudan - 37.2 million (up 67% from 2015)
- Algeria - 34.8 million
- South Africa
- Use a market research group to do a digital market study for Africa for you
- Start buying domains suitable for Africa, but bear in mind iDating is going to be all mobile/wearable in 2035
- Bolster your abuse systems - use a device id system such as iovation or Threat Metrix to catch repeat abuse offenders. Consider using social authentication